The organisation operates in the growing and evolving medicinal cannabis and healthcare space with operations and several facilities in Australia and North America.
The company has undertaken a new and innovative strategy, brand and direction, now they are looking for a high achieving, resilient, problem-solving and dynamic Group CEO to work with the board and Senior Leadership Team to execute this newly aligned strategy and ensure commercial success.
This is a crucial hire and is a fantastic opportunity for a strong, resilient and dynamic Group CEO to come in and take the organisation to the next level and be an instrumental part of a journey to long-term success
About the role
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Group CEO will work with both the board and SLT to drive the new strategy and lead the commercial direction of the organisation and the development of the business moving forward to obtain a leading position in the Australian and global Medicinal Cannabis & Healthcare space.
- The Group CEO will be Responsible for the implementation and development of the renewed strategic plan in consultation with SLT and Board of Directors
- Overseeing total operations and business activities to ensure they produce successful results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Lead from the front and motivate the leadership team to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing culture throughout every level of the organisation
- Implement strategic and business decisions provided in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Increasing brand visibility at all times, and empowering management to innovate while driving them to see concepts through to fruition
- Adhere with all legislative requirements for duties and responsibilities of company directors
- Establish and resource strong systems to ensure adherence with company, regulatory, financial, ASX and client requirements
- Ensure revenue growth is achieved in a responsible, ethical and profitable process; both via organic growth and through successful completion and identification of potential mergers and acquisitions or strategic partnerships.
- Overall leadership and management of executive leadership team
- Develop and implement an effective investor relations program being the voice and face of the company to the investors
- Act in the interest of the organisation at all times
- Develop partnerships in the industry with like-minded organisations that would add value to the business and assist in growth plans
Benefits and perks
A competitive package will be on offer to the best candidate – this will contain a competitive base salary, superannuation, STI & LTI including share options and bonus’s
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will possess the following: –
- Extensive experience (10+ years) and knowledge of operations in the pharmaceutical, biotech or Healthcare industries
- Demonstrated and proven experience and achievements in scaling an organisation in the pharmaceutical, biotech or Healthcare industries
- Experience in ASX-Listed or publicly listed organisations with a deep understanding of the requirements for listed companies
- Strong market knowledge and knowledge of capital markets
- Demonstrable experience of successful growth in a dynamic, high growth and multi national company
- Ability to build a high performing team and implementing a performance culture throughout the organisation
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Communication of the highest caliber, both internally and to the market
- Experience with diverse business functions such as Commercial, Operations, marketing, PR, finance etc.
- Tertiary Qualification in Business Management / MBA / MSc ideally
- MAICD preferred
- Ability to pass regulations of a fit and proper persons character test
- Ability to pass an AFP Check